Tuesday 24 March 2015

Fresh Chocolate Cream Icing on Chocolate Cake

A chocolate cake with a chocolate icing - is a double treat for the chocolate lovers... Ummm - for me too...!!! And obviously for my kids and my hubby!!! Actually they prefer chocolate cream icing more, than the normal vanilla one - so most of the time I end up with a double treat... :)

This one was a basic chocolate cake - a simple one, I baked over the weekend for simple snacks purpose. Initially I did not have plans to ice it, but I had some remaining whipping cream (the Amul one) in my refrigerator. So I thought - why not use it and finish up the stock? However, the quantity was not sufficient to make a layer of cream in between, hence I had to go with only top-part layering.

The ingredients I used -
Fresh Whipping Cream - 1 cup (chilled)
Icing sugar - 7-8 tablespoons
Cocoa Powder - 6-7 tablespoons

Before the whipping procedure, I kept the glass bowl (in which the cream would be whipped) and the whipper sticks inside the refrigerator, to make these items ice-cold. 
In another bigger sized bowl, I poured some ice-cold water along with few ice cubes, so that the chilled temperature is maintained while whipping the cream. 
Then I placed the glass bowl into the bigger bowl, poured the whipping cream and started to whip using the electric whipper. The speed should be highest and you should whip for 15-20 minutes giving few short breaks. During this process you will notice that gradually the peak is forming. Add the sugar by tablespoons and continue to whip. Once the cream starts to form hard peaks, then start adding the cocoa powder. Whip it for some more time until the powder is thoroughly blended into the cream and you can see the peaks are nice and hard. 
The moment your cream is ready, transfer it inside the refrigerator and allow it to chill for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes bring out and spread on top and side of the cake.

I had few silver pearl sprinkles in my stock, so I sprinkled those pearls evenly on the iced top and immediately, the simple cake turned to be a gorgeous one! 

You really don't need to be a master chef to prepare these simple things and to make your family happy and proud of you! Enjoy baking and icing at your own spirit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment