Friday 20 March 2015

Fresh Cream Icing with Whipping Powder

Fresh cream icing was a challenge to me until I found this miracle product - BlueBird Whipping Cream Powder. Before that I tried with Amul fresh cream and also Amul whipping cream. There are other whipping cream products as well, which are just meant for cream icing. However, till now I didn't have the opportunity to use those products. As I mentioned earlier, that I am a self-taught baker and whatever I know about baking and icing today, I know it from few of my baker friends, baking channels on youtube and finally my experience.


Initially I tried with Amul fresh cream, as it is commonly available in any grocery store. However, this was not at all satisfactory. The maximum you could have is soft peak icing, but that's all. You can never make strong peaks using Amul fresh cream. Actually, this product is not meant for icing purpose also. 


The Amul whipping cream product is very good,though. This is particularly meant for whipping cream. Only once I found this product in my nearby departmental store. I bought a big tetra-pack of 500 ml and that stayed in my fridge for quite some time. I shifted the cream to a plastic container and stored inside the freezer. When in need, I used to bring this out in the lower racks of my fridge and then used to whip up the cream. It gave very good creamy consistency, but definitely you have to whip a lot.


However, the BlueBird whipping cream powder is a quick alternative for your any type of fresh whipped cream requirement. Just mix the powder with little amount of cold water, blend well and then whip for 10 mins. You will end up with a bowl of nice, fluffy, hard-peak icing cream. Keep it inside the refrigerator for 5 mins and then use for icing. You can easily bring a professional touch in your cake using this whipped cream product. For a 9" cake two packs of this powder is sufficient. You can make a layer in between and also can spread allover the body.


This one was the basic chocolate cake and I just covered it with BlueBird whipping cream... made simple designs on the edges to bring this simple but subtle look. How about a bite...!!!

8 comments:

  1. Amazing outcome.... ami delhi te pachchi na Blue Bird er product....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Parna, try the online grocery shops... they might have it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi
    i am thankful for your post of whipping cream powder. i am also a home baker,learning through sites,blogs etc.i wanted to ask which brand is best for cream powder? as i used 'Vintop" powder, it was of a bit sticky kind (stretches to 4-5cms).in picture, urs didnt look sticky.i tried several times by reducing and increasing the quantity of milk. but i felt that this can be due to brand, rather it tastes superb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for following my blog! I have used only Blue Bird Whipping Powder and it's very easy to prepare. Here is the Amazon link for the product - https://www.amazon.in/Bird-Blue-Whipped-Cream-Powder/dp/B00PFMKJXQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1548651535&sr=8-1&keywords=blue+bird+whipping+cream+powder . This one is also easily available in most of the super markets like Big Bazar, Star Bazar etc. Hope I could help you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can i add cocoa powder to bluebird cream to make it chocolaty??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you can add cocoa powder, but in moderation - because cocoa powder itself is little bitter in taste, so you might need to add extra sugar to neutralize the bitterness - but in that case, the consistency of the icing will change. If you try, please let me know, how does it come out!

      Delete