Sunday 2 August 2015

Cashew Topped Choco Cup Cakes

Here is another easy version of cupcakes, which I am sure, everyone will like - especially the kids. These choco cup cakes are best to serve as afternoon snacks. If you have some whipped cream in your stock then you can turn these cup cakes to single serving dessert, too. However, my soul intention of baking cup cakes, is to use them as the first break snacks for my kids. 


These days, many of the schools give multiple breaks for their students. In my kids' school, they have one short and one long break. It is really a time consuming task every morning, to prepare snacks or lunch for every break. So, if you bake these cup cakes in batches over the weekend, then the short break food is taken care of. Now you are in a little better situation in every weekday morning, as you don't have to prepare food for multiple breaks.

This is an easy one, as I have mentioned before. Only additional ingredient you will need is some amount of cashew nuts. If you don't have cashew nuts, then you can use almonds or even pea nuts. Any nuts will give the crunchy texture to these cup cakes, which the kids mainly love. Instead of nuts, you can use chocolate chips, as well. 

My stock of cashew-nuts, which I got from my last trip to Goa, was almost finishing. So, I made use of the last handful of cashew-nuts in this baking project. You will need around 1/2 cup of cashew nuts. Soak them in water for couple of hours and they are easy to cut or slit. Other than this, the basic recipe is same to the one I used here - Simplest Chocolate Cake and more! (Click the highlighted link to get the batter recipe)

Prepare the batter as mentioned in the recipe. Put your oven to preheat at 180C. Sprinkle some flour on the soaked cashew nuts to give a thin coating of flour. Add 1/2 of the cashew nuts into the batter and keep the rest for the top. This amount of batter will give you around 10-12 cup cakes. Place the cup cake liners on the cup cake moulds and fill them 3/4th, with the batter. If your oven is ready then put the cup cake pan inside the oven and let it bake for 15-20 mins at 180C. Never put cup cakes inside the oven for longer period of time, as it will get hard and might burn, as well.

I have made this batch of cup cakes for my friends, so I had wrapped them in cling wrap to keep the moistness intact. This way you can keep your cup cakes fresh for the whole week.

I have something more interesting coming up in my next blogs. So keep waiting... till then happy baking!!


No comments:

Post a Comment